Let's Begin Here!
We have put together a list of questions for anyone thinking of building or renovating a home. You can print these questions out and answer them as a starting point to the planning process, or just use the list to help you clarify for yourself what your needs and goals are.
As you go through the questions, keep a few things in mind:
- As much as possible, give qualitative not quantitative information. We want you to present us with questions not answers; that way we can be sure to get to the heart of the matter and not run the risk of missing the real issues. We may know more than one way to resolve a problem or create an outcome. If this is hard, tell us what and why you like or don’t like something in your house or in a place you used to live, or something you have seen at someone else’s house. Give examples. Use as many descriptive words as you can.
- If there are differences of opinions amongst members of your household, let us know all the opinions; we want to address everyone’s concerns and may be able to create something that works for everyone.
- Don’t try to solve the problem, just express your desires, even if they seem at odds with each other or impossible to obtain.
- Don’t be afraid to think about and tell us what your “perfect world” would be like.
- If it is relevant, try to anticipate future needs or changes.
- We encourage you to collect images that you like; consider images of particular things that you like, or ones that create a good mood or feeling, and maybe pictures that you are simply drawn to.
- If a question is not relevant to your situation, just skip it.
"*" indicates required fields